Hair transplant is a process in which hair is extracted from an area that does not get affected by hair loss to be implanted in an area that contains light hair or a bald area.
This procedure suits those who suffer from genetic baldness (male and female baldness) or scars resulting from injury or burns. Would you like to have a full and thick head hair? There are effective non-surgical methods through which hair can be restored.
Hair Transplant Techniques?
Hair Transplant using Fue technique
Fue technique is based on extracting hair follicles from the donor area and implanting them in the affected area using highly accurate devices, taking into account not to affect the density of hair in the donor area. This technique is used to transplant hair without any surgical intervention.
Hair Transplant using DHI technique
This technique is based on transforming hair follicles from the donor area and implanting them in the affected area directly using very accurate pen called Choi’s pen (and through this technique a large number of hair follicles can be implanted and it does not leave any scars in the scalp).
Hair Transplant using Perkutan technique
This technique based on opening the hair channels in the bald area using Perkutan needle or pen without making any incisions, and this technique requires very high skill from the specialist doctor and it has natural results.
Results before and after the Hair Transplant procedure
Hair transplant without any surgical intervention provides rapid and fascinating results, but the patient should follow the instruction before and after the procedure, and he can exercise his daily activity, as it does not leave any scars on the scalp. The first results will be clear within a month. The full effect of the hair transplantation process should therefore be apparent in about six months, as the implanted follicles themselves begin to shrink and produce smaller hair.
Advantages of non-surgical hair transplant
- Natural growth after the procedure: the most obvious benefit of hair transplant is that it improves your physical appearance and overall look and eliminates the problem of baldness. This is because that the implanted follicles continue to grow naturally after the implantation process, so your hair does not look artificial. Early bald spots often result in low self-esteem and self-confidence that can be effectively addressed by hair transplantation without surgery.
- Regular distribution of hair follicles: hair transplant using latest techniques offers natural distribution for hair and appropriate coverage of bald areas.
- Easy procedure that does not have side effects: this procedure is done with local anesthesia; you won’t feel any pain during the operation. The procedure is very comfortable and you will be awake throughout the operation.
- This process is done at the skin level and this is not related to the brain. The procedure does not have any side effect. Today, doctors often use small follicles that are placed in a way that makes all bald spots covered with minimal effort.
- One time procedure: hair transplant is the permanent solution for baldness. There is no permanent medical treatment for baldness. Once the hair is implanted, it lasts forever. Because the implanted hair is your hair, so it continues growing naturally throughout your life allowing you to cut or styling your hair as you wish.
Hair transplant has many advantages including:
Disadvantages of Hair Transplant
- If the hair follicles are implanted in the wrong direction or the patient moved during the healing process, the hair will not have the natural look.
- The hair shock is a condition in which inflammation kills both implants and surrounding follicles, which may result in more hair loss.
- Scars in the donor area can greatly limit hair styling options. Some psychological side effects include people who have become awkward and very sensitive to their scarring, which is clearly counterproductive.
- It is very likely that continuous hair loss leads to more areas of baldness that appear behind newly implanted hair over time. Since there is a limited amount of implanted hair, it may become impossible to keep up with the constantly falling hair line. In addition, a certain amount of follicles will die during the hair transplant procedure. Although there are rare cases of infection or scarring, the main cosmetic risk is that the grafted area may not look the way the patient expects.
What are the long-term expectations?
Usually, hair will continue to grow for people who have performed hair transplantation in the implanted areas of the scalp, new hair may appear more or less dense depending on:
- Slackening of the scalp, or how the skin of the scalp lose the hair.
- Intensity of the follicles in the implanted area.
What are the complications of hair transplant procedure?
The side effects of hair transplantation are usually simple and are obvious in a few weeks. It may include: Bleeding, infection, swelling in the scalp, bruising around the eyes, dandruff formed on the scalp areas where the hair was removed or implanted, numbness in treated areas of the scalp, Inflammation or infection of hair follicles, Sudden loss but usually temporary for implanted hair, abnormal tufts of hair).
What will happen after hair transplant?
Your scalp might hurts, and you might need some medication after the procedure such as: pain killers, antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection and anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce swelling. Most people can return to work after several days of operation. It is normal for the implanted hair to fall off after two to three weeks of the procedure. This makes way for new hair growth. Most people will see some new hair growth after 8 to 12 months of operation.
When does it become a necessity?
Performing hair transplantation procedure can improve your look and self-confidence. The candidates for hair transplant include:
- Men with male baldness
- Women with light hair
- Any person who has lost some hair from burns or scalp injuries
Hair transplant is not a good choice for the following:
- Women with a wide pattern of hair loss all over the scalp
- Those who do not have enough spots of donor areas to extract from the hair follicles that will be implanted.
- People who have scars (thick or fibrous scars) after injury or surgery.
- Those who suffered from hair loss due to treatment such as chemotherapy.
How successful the hair transplant is
Success will depend to a large extent on the number of good follicles, the size of the recipient you want to cover, and the skill of the hair transplant doctor – which emphasizes the importance of conducting research in hair transplant clinics and obtaining predictions of the result.
Can women do hair transplant?
Yes, although the number of suitable candidates will be lower than the number of men because the pattern of hair loss tends to be more prevalent in men.
What are the risks of hair transplant procedure? Does it have any side effects?
Hair transplantation is usually very safe, but as with any surgical procedure, complications can occur. There may be swelling, bruising or bleeding. The hair in the recipient area can die due to the shock of the procedure (usually will return, but not always).
How much is the cost of the hair transplant?
The cost of hair transplantation depends on the extent of hair loss, the type of procedure followed, and the quality of the clinic and its team.
What will you do if you have problems?
Sometimes the procedure might not be successful, and you would not find the expected results. You should call the clinic where you performed the procedure as soon as you can if you feel severe pain or any non-expected symptoms. If you had a hair transplant procedure and you are not satisfied with the results or if you think that, the procedure did not go well you have to handle this with the surgeon.